Once upon a time, America was “The Land of Opportunity.” The nation was on the rise, and for young men and women, the sky was the limit. Today we face a bleak future. For the first time in our history, the quality of life for the next generation is expected to be lower than the preceding generation.
There is no end in sight for the “Great Recession” that began in 2007. Self-serving politicians chose to kick-the-can-down-the-road by stimulating the economy with fiat currency. Couple this with bailing out “too big to fail” institutions, and you have a market that is unable to correct itself naturally. The government’s attempt to shield Wall Street from feeling pain for a short time has led to Main Street receiving that pain long-term.
Between the Great Recession becoming the norm and Obama’s anti-business policies, there is nothing ahead but uncertainty. It’s hard for businesses to start-up, grow and expand under a government that is determined to tax and regulate them into oblivion.
Listed below are 7 ways that the Obama Administration has stifled the economy and turned America into “The Land of Uncertainty.”
1. Taxation- Obama has raised taxes on the working class and plans to take more at every opportunity to “spread the wealth”. Many sheeple were recently shocked when they found out their taxes were going up, even though they earned less that $200,000 per year. With Obama intent on punishing the producers, many are choosing to work less or retire. Aggressive taxation is a sure way to kill ambition and bring an economy to a grinding halt.
2. Obamacare- With one stroke of his pen, Obama destroyed millions of jobs and made medicine a risky career path. Obamacare forces employers with 50 or more full-time employees to provide medical insurance for its workers. That alone is enough to stop the growth of small business. How many workers will have their hours cut down to 29 per week so they can’t be designated as full-time employees? More and more people are forced to work 2 or more part-time jobs to make ends meet, and this trend will only continue. And what about pursuing a career in medicine? With a single-payer system as the final result of Obamacare, who in their right mind would give up a decade of their life to become a doctor? We need the best and the brightest to become doctors, but what will be their reward for taking on a mountain of debt to get there? Why would they study for years and spend countless hours in a residency program only to have limits put on what they can earn? Going into the healthcare profession at whatever level was once a safe career choice, but Obamacare has turned it into a gamble. The rewards for becoming a nurse, doctor, or surgeon are no longer guaranteed, leading many to pursue a different career path.
3. Illegal immigration- Obama has shirked his duty to enforce the law on illegal immigration. There are 3 reasons why. The first, and most important, was to get Hispanic votes. The second reason is to add to the permanent underclass, creating more dependents, thus creating more votes for future Democrats. The third reason is to bring down wages for the working class, sending even more onto the welfare rolls, and more votes. Amnesty for illegal aliens is a sure bet, adding only more confusion and uncertainty to the economy as millions of new dependents will be added to the welfare state.
4. Free trade policies- From 2001 to 2011, the U.S. lost 2.1 million manufacturing jobs to China. Every day in America, more manufacturing facilities close their doors. Obama didn’t start the free trade movement, but he’s intent on expanding it. In October 2011, Obama signed off on more job losses by reaching free trade agreements with Panama, Colombia, and South Korea. As the U.S. manufacturing sector bleeds jobs, America’s youth are giving up on the American Dream.
5. Irresponsible monetary policy- The Fed’s quantitative easing program has led to 70′s style inflation. With prices for life’s basic necessities on the rise and wages falling, many young adults have no choice but to live with their parents until the economy gets better. Taking financial responsibility for themselves right now is out of the question. Their generation is being saddled with the largest national debt in the history of the world, and they can’t even find jobs.
6. Obama’s war on energy- Barack Obama despises any energy production that is cost-effective and good for the economy. His war on coal has shut down dozens of coal-fired power plants in the past 4 years, leaving thousands without jobs and increasing power bills of customers who must now pay higher prices for Obama’s “clean energy.” The Keystone Pipeline is another example of Obama’s war on energy. Obama blocked the original pipeline plan, and it’s uncertain if the new plan will be approved. The sheeple believe Obama has stalled the pipeline as a favor for environmentalists that helped him get elected. Nothing could be further from the truth. The real reason is much scarier than that. Obama wants America to fail. Plain and simple. The Keystone Pipeline would bring jobs, economic growth, and a reliable energy source; three things that aren’t part of Obama’s plan for America.
7. Over Regulation- How can American manufacturers possibly compete against third world nations when the government has rigged the game against them? Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner had the audacity to make this statement to the Senate in 2011- “I’m very sympathetic to the argument you want to be careful to get the rules better and smarter, but I don’t think there’s good evidence in support of the proposition that it’s regulatory burden or uncertainty that’s causing the economy to grow more slowly than any of us would like.” With all the regulations and fees imposed on American businesses, it’s a miracle if any survive more than a year. All the asinine tax laws, EPA regulations, permitting, labor laws etc. are put in place to punish small business and reward unions and big corporate donors. Our globalist president allows the largest corporations to skirt these laws, as he continues to regulate small businesses into the ground, all for the purpose of controlling the masses.
The worst thing about the path our nation is on is that we chose it willingly. Politicians that take from one group and give to another in exchange for votes have been destroying America for decades. Things have gotten so shaky, people are afraid to make important decisions such as going to college, starting a family, or buying a home.
One thing is certain at this point- America’s youth have been sold into slavery via the national debt. If the “Enslaved Generation” were to wake up and see how they’ve been sold out, America could once again be the land of opportunity.